Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I've been tagged!....

Thanks to the awesomely talented Alina Chau http://alinanimation.blogspot.com/, I have been tagged, thus must relinquish 20 random things about moi. Well here goes:

  1. I love to draw! I draw at work, and then at home, I draw to relax. Man, I need a hobby!
  2. Went to U.C. Santa Barbara, first as a math major (what was I thinking?!?), then as an Art Studio major.
  3. I'm addicted to Starbucks, particulary Venti Americanos!! This stuff is my fuel.
  4. I was born and mostly raised in East LA (really!) and damn proud of it!!
  5. Just had knee surgery and doing quite well (did someone say marathon --- yeah right!)
  6. Sucker for Vegas!!! Dollar YO!
  7. Would love to work for Pixar one day.
  8. Love romantic strolls on the beach (okay, not necessarily romantic ones, but love the beach nonetheless!)
  9. When I can, I try and practice modelling on MAYA. Man I love this program!!
  10. Favorite food: Everything, but I have to say that I love chorizo, flour tortillas and potatoes for breakfast. YUM!
  11. Love listening to Lyle Lovett, particularly his concerts!
  12. Need to lose weight, about 20-30 pounds (see no. 10 for why)
  13. Love blogging! This is the thrust to being creative for me lately! In addition, I get to meet so many awesome artists all around the world. Viva la blog!
  14. Top three movies currently: The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, LA Confidential (if these movies are on tv, you can bet that I'll be sucked in for the next 2-3 hours!)
  15. Started my career in animation at 31 (it's never too late to start!).
  16. Love old Warner Bros. cartoons! THESE are what cartoons are all about!!
  17. Creative Inspirations: Lots of folks, but I have to say that Paul Felix, Phil Felix, Hans Bacher, Kevin Nelson, Roph Ruppel & Colin Stimpson are the tops!! Learned soo much from these guys!
  18. Love Calvin and Hobbes! You can learn so much from Bill Watterson's mastery.
  19. Favorite quotes: "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime". Never too late to learn, never too busy to teach, or rather share your craft. And this one:"Just do it!". It was Nike's tagline a few years ago. Yeah very simple, but just those words to take that step into the unknown can be full of amazing things.
  20. I truly love my wife and daughter and family. To me, that's what it's all about!

Man that was tough! Definitely made me think that I'm damn lucky to be where I'm at. Okay, without getting too sappy, I'm passing the torch to my bud Jose Lopez http://desoluz.blogspot.com. Jose, TAG, you're it bud!

And Alina, thank you so much for the tag!! You da bomb girl!!

6 comments:

JOSE LOPEZ said...

WHAAAAAAAT!!! Ok bro! thanks.

Unknown said...

Love your 20 Tags!! :) You went to UCSB huh? So you are a UC kid too. HA !! HA !! I went to UCLA. Just curious ... what's your favourite animated feature films?

Unknown said...

PS ... Thank you for your compliment!! Love your artworks very much!

Eren said...

Mmmmm...chorizo =)

virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

:) Nice tag and thanks for the links they are great artist too

Aldous said...

So, I do not actually consider this may have success.
foreign ladies | pumpkin carving ideas | Toronto condos